How many steps it takes to get to the top (or bottom) of these local landmarks?
- 12 – The original Cheers
- 15 – Musical stairs at the Museum of Science
- 116 – The Pilgrim Monument (Provincetown)
- 120 – Boston College's "Million Dollar Stairs"
- 199 – Porter Square Station
- 294 – The Bunker Hill Monument
- 789 – One Boston Place
- 1,632 – The John Hancock Tower
(The world's longest staircase is in the Swiss Alps, next to an inclined railway — it's 11,674 steps. The stairs are only open to the public one day per year, during the Niesenlauf race.)
Every Wednesday at 6:30 am, the November Project invites you to do the stairs at Harvard Stadium.